Last week in the Juniors we learnt about different types of angles. We located right angles, acute and obtuse angles in our school environment before then discussing and sharing what we noticed about a protractor.
Children noticed and shared the following:
- The numbers go in opposite directions around the semi-circle
- I think it might help us to measure curves lines as you can’t use a ruler
- If we put two together it will make a full circle
- It also has a ruler on it
- I think designers might use them when designing buildings
- Acute angles will be before the 90 degrees and obtuse angles would be after
We then learnt how to use a protractor to measure angles. We finished the week by drawing angles outside with chalk.