Young Emerging Leaders
Category : Latest Blogs
In 2009 Soul Action South Africa invited each project and church participating in its Network to nominate one or two key individuals, aged 18 to 30, who it was felt would benefit from the kind of investment, training and peer mentoring made possible by being part of a regular gathering of young people from across the city. Our first intake of Young Emerging Leaders (YEL’s) went through a year long course as part of our city-wide leadership development programme. We continue to journey with this initial group of young leaders as they identify others whom they might mentor in some of the same ways that we have modelled and encouraged.
to see young people emerge as leaders and become agents of change within communities, cities and nations.
- to recognise and develop leadership potential amongst local young people
- to establish a peer mentoring program
- to equip individuals to be catalysts of transformation in their communities
- gathering local young people regularly to explore issues of value and self worth
- reflecting on biblical leaders, why and how God calls people and what this means to leaders today
- exploring various ways of empowering people
- listening to, serving and involving communities in bringing about their own transformation
- giving local young people greater opportunities to explore the relationship between worship and justice
- joining with others from across the city, nation and world to engage in mission and explore justice together