Young Emerging Leaders Update
Category : Latest Blogs
On the last Saturday in August 2010 the Young and Emerging Leaders (YEL’s) we’ve been meeting with gathered for the third time this year.
- to understand what we mean by ‘power’
- to explore and develop a Biblical understanding of empowerment
- to have the opportunity to reflect on stories of empowerment
- to develop tools to empower others
- Understanding and explaining Power
- Biblical exploration of empowerment
- Empowerment case studies from around the world
- How can you empower people?
The day involved input from Phil and Rachel Bowyer, throughout the day the activities were facilitated in an interactive way to enable the young people to develop an understanding of what we mean by power, to develop tools to empower others and to develop a Biblical understanding of the topic. The Young Emerging Leaders responded well to the activities and fully participated. They worked well with their peers and there were lively discussions.
The session on Power included playing a game that challenged the participants to communicate things that need power, to consider when they feel power-full and power-less and to define what is meant by empowerment.
- Jesus shared information
- Jesus created boundaries
- Jesus encouraged teamwork
In addition to this each participant had the opportunity to make rock cakes following the principles that Jesus modeled (sharing information, creating boundaries, encouraging teamwork).
GO TO PROJECT BACKGROUND:
Click above to start over.
GO TO PROJECT AIMS:
Click above to read our vision and aims for our Young Emerging Leaders Project.
GO TO PROJECT UPDATES:
Click below for our latest Young Emerging Leaders news:
GO TO PROJECT SUPPORT:
Click above to donate to this initiative.