The Domino Foundation
The Domino Foundation seeks to assist and empower the most needy in communities to pave the way for a brighter tomorrow. Our dream is to equip individuals physically, emotionally, socially, cognitively and spiritually to enable purpose-filled lives.
Through our intervention programmes, we are empowering and assisting more than 4 000 orphaned and vulnerable children, almost every day.
We believe in changing a life, changing a community, changing a nation…this is the power of The Domino Effect !
Our interventions include:
- Abandoned Babies Home – two transition homes for abandoned babies; we have facilitated over 110 children to be fostered or adopted. Our vision is to provide a safe, loving and nurturing home, where babies are restored to health and wholeness, before being placed in a secure family unit
- Feeding Programme – serving close to 4500 meals each day (a combination of porridge, soups and sandwiches); through crèches, schools and holiday clubs. Our vision is to feed the hungry in their most desperate time of need, giving children the necessary nutrition for effective learning and development. This vision will be realised, through the opening of our relief kitchen
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) – an Enterprise Development activity; focused on empowering the owners of ECD/Kindergarten/Pre-primary centres, to provide a quality service, for the benefit of vulnerable children. The aim is to improve the quality of learning and preparation for school readiness, by means of essential education and enterprise skills
- Life Skills Programme – a life-changing programme, which empowers young people to understand that they are unique individuals, with a purpose and destiny. Our vision is to empower learners to make wise life choices. Instilling in them a sense of self-worth and purpose and offering them hope for the future; through an HIV/AIDS prevention programme, after school recreational clubs and numerous other activities
- Domino Business Development (Pty) Ltd – Many of ‘our’ children are now matriculating and to support them, we have created Domino Business; a vehicle for Enterprise Development and Supplier development activities, including: nurturing entrepreneurs, developing black owned businesses and offering companies a broad based black ownership option
37 Mackeurtan Ave, Durban North 4051.
Areas of Operation:
Ethekwini, North 1 – Durban North
Ethekwini, North 2 – Amaoti, Phoenix, Inanda, Besters
Mickey Wilkins – CEO
Shaun Tait – Business Development Manager
Lisa Doyle – Administrator
Tel: 031 563 9605
Email The Domino Foundation:
[contact-form-7 id=”7750″ title=”Contact form TDF”]